I’m hopping on a plane to Seattle this afternoon to speak at 2013 IPMA Forum at Saint Martin’s University.
I’ll be continuing my habit of tilting at windmills (ask @jdooley_clt if you are curious), with the goal of getting state and local agencies to adopt modern software development methodologies (Agile) on OpenSource platforms such as OpenStack.
What is IPMA
The Mission of the IPMA is to help maintain Washington State’s position as the nation’s premier IT state by continuing to advance the quality and professionalism of the Washington State Government IT community. The IPMA is dedicated to:
- Promoting professional networking among state government IT managers, business leaders and IT industry leaders
- Enhancing the IT community’s teamwork, collaboration and communications across Washington State agencies
- Providing professional development opportunities for the state’s IT leaders, managers and technical staff that focus on:
- Developing and enhancing key IT skills
- Expanding leadership and managerial competency
- Providing visibility to important IT technologies and their successful application
- Sponsoring events that support the state’s emerging business issues
What will I be speaking about
Integrating it all: Apps, Data, Mobile, E-commerce and the Cloud
Application Architects, Systems Architects Technical Managers and individual contributors
Speaker(s) name and title:
Colin McNamara, Nexus IS, is a seasoned professional with over 15 years’ experience with network and systems technologies
In the transition to cloud computing, a new class of application design patterns have emerged. These application structures closely rely on public and private cloud platforms such as Amazon and OpenStack. In this session we will discuss the key drivers causing this shift, the platforms to support it, as well as key technical, organizational and cultural changes to support these cloud computing applications and platforms.
Lessons to be learned:
Understand how private cloud platforms like OpenStack fit in your e-commerce, mobile and “cloud” application strategy. Understand how the importance of Continuous Delivery tools in this ecosystem. Understand the organization and project management structures necessary to deliver and support next generation cloud applications
How can you get hold of me while I’m out here
The best way of getting hold of me while I’m at a conference is pinging me on twitter – @colinmcnamara or swing by the Nexus booth on the show floor and ask someone to hunt me me down.